Irish America is offering readers the chance to win a dream trip for two to Ireland. The winner will receive two round-trip Economy class tickets on Aer Lingus and a 7 Day/6 Night Taste of Ireland guided coach tour courtesy of CIE.*
Day 1: Independent SIghtseeing Dublin – Take a Hop-On, Hop-Off bus tour and enjoy all Dublin has to offer from the Guinness Storehouse and Teeling Distillery to the GPO.
Day 2: Dublin City Panoramice Tour, Dublin Castle & The Merry Ploughboy Pub – Drive through the lively streets of Dublin with a local guide, seeing all the historic sites including: Trinity College, elegant Georgian homes, and modern buildings along the River Liffey. Take a guided tour of Dublin Castle and enjoy the splendid State Apartments; for centuries the seat of colonial power in Ireland. After a welcome drink with your group at your hotel you and your guest will be treated to an evening of traditional Irish cuisine, music and step-dancing.
Day 3: Blarney Castle, Killarney – Stop for photos at the Rock of Cashel as you travel across the beautiful Irish countryside. Get the gift of the gab at the legendary Blarney Stone and wander the castle’s magnificient gardens. Enjoy a luvurious meal at your hotel in the charming town of Killarney.
Day 4: Ring of Kerry, Skellig Experience, Sheepdog Demonstration – Shop for souvenirs at Moriarty’s in the Gap of Dunloe before embarking on the beautiful and scenic Ring of Kerry drive. Stop at Valentia Island for the Skellig Experience, a visitor center telling the story of neighboring Skellig Michael, which you’ll see off the coast. Have a stroll around the quaint village of Sneem and at Moll’s Gap for panoramic views of Ireland’s highest mountains. Visit a local farm and see a demonstration of sheepdogs herding sheep before returning to Killarney for an evening to dine and explore as you wish.
Day 5: Cliffs of Moher, Medieval Banquet – Take a 20 minute ferry ride across the River Shannon Estuary before driving along the scenic coast of County Clare to the famous Cliffs of Moher. After taking in the spectacular site of the soaring sandstone sea cliffs, make your way to Bunratty Castle Hotel. Head over to the neighboring castle and enjoy a medieval feast while being serenaded by Lords and ladies with songs and harp music. (Please note January departures may offer a different dining experience).
Day 6: Galway, Dublin – Head to the vibrant, artistic city of Galway for a panoramic tour. Take the afternoon to yourself to explore the local shops and pubs and take in some street performances on Shop Street. Head back to Dublin where you will be free to explore the city some more.
Day 7: Tour ends in Dublin – Enjoy a breakfast at your hotel before departure.
To be entered to win subscribe to Irish America Magazine, subscribe to Irish America’s weekly newsletter, send an email to email@example.com with your contact information, or send an entry to Irish America, Trip to Ireland, 875 Avenue of the Americas, Suite 1708, New York, New York 10001. No purchase is necessary. All entries must be entered or postmarked by October 15, 2021.
*Terms & Conditions:
- Flights are only valid to and from JFK.
- Tickets must be booked by December 31, 2021 and all travel must completed by May 31, 2022.
- Blackout dates: Dec 15, 2021 – Jan 10, 2022.
- Peak times of travel and holidays may not be available, all seats subject to availability and capacity controls.
- The tickets are non-transferable and have no cash redemption value.
- Both tickets must be used together on the same dates
- Not valid for bookings on partner airlines or code share flights.
- United States government taxes/security/airport fees approx. $130 p.p. are not included and must be paid for by the prize winner.
- Once ticketed, any changes made will be charged the current applicable fees.
- Completed travel form must be submitted to Aer Lingus at least 60 days prior to departure.
- No purchase necessary, all entries must be entered or postmarked by October 17, 2021.